Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is hiring a SCADA Developer to work in a 12 months contract position in Edmonton, AB - Canada.
- This position is accountable for the development, testing, and support of our client's critical SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and/or Leak Detection applications as part of the SCADA Replacement Program, in support of Pipeline Control Systems & Leak Detection, Control Centre Operations, and related business areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (requirements):
- Relevant degree/diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of directly related work experience.
- Strong industry expertise in C#, ASP.NET, Python, C++, and/or Java with an excellent track record of designing and implementing complex, mission-critical, or SCADA system software.
- Knowledge and experience in SCADA Systems (particularly Schneider Electrics Oasys DNA Platform), communication protocols, PLC/RTU/DCS data driver development, and both historical and real-time data access methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL programming, interfaces, and databases.
- Experience working with Agile and/or Kanban development methodologies and working in teams that produce iterative results.
- Awareness and/or experience with modern Data Science & Analysis practices, with a focus on algorithms and machine learning.
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Unix operating systems.
- Strong analytical communications and problems solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good presentation skills and the ability to write technical documents/specifications.
- Sound organizational skills. Able to handle multiple tasks and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, priority-changing environment.
- Participate in the research, design, development, porting, maintenance, and testing of mission-critical software applications (including the HMI - Human Machine Interface displays) and their implementation into the new OASyS DNA SCADA and applicable Leak Detection systems.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, application testing, and configuration changes, as a member of the team which takes ownership of custom (competitive advantage) SCADA and Leak Detection software products.
- Be responsive, supportive, and available to other SRP teams in support of the SCADA Replacement Program and other business areas.
- Support SRP and PCSLD through after-hours on-call (as required), the transition of Software Solutions projects, and any tier 3 (critical issue escalation) development support work assigned.
- Demonstrate commitment to the SRP Software Solutions team and its success.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of Software Development best practices, standards, and operating procedures as applicable to mission-critical, SCADA, and Leak Detection software development.
- Perform code reviews on developers of all experience levels as per published procedure, with the ability to give and take constructive feedback.
- Maintain leading-edge technical skills through regular technical training, industry conferences, and internal cross-training, and use that knowledge to help the entire team stay current on industry/technology trends.