Our client, a major refinery located in Martinez, CA, is looking for an API Inspector to support on an assignment.
- Monitor inspection schedules and review field inspection results from the NDE technicians.
- Inspect all equipment including vessels, piping, heaters, and exchangers on the run as needed.
- Ensure the quality of the design, materials, fabrication processes, and inspection methods used on the units.
- Develop appropriate non-destructive testing while in compliance with code to meet scheduled inspections.
- Inspect Refinery units based on inspection codes API 510, API 570, and API 650 as well as other related codes.
- Maintain an understanding of the interworking and purpose of the units being inspected.
- Submit equipment inspection request for scheduling and planning purposes.
- Write and maintain records of Inspection Work Requests for the unit being inspected.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of refinery inspection experience.
- Current API certifications required: API-510 and API-570 certifications. API-653 would be a plus.