Airswift. eDiscovery Analyst. Calgary, AB
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a eDiscovery Analyst to join them on a 8 months contract with the possibility to extend or go permanent with the company in Calgary, AB.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with legal counsel, paralegals, custodians and other internal or external stakeholders to plan, organize and manage multiple discovery-related preservation and collection projects utilizing appropriate technology options for the identification, collection, staging or packaging of structured and loose data.
- Collect and process data from various enterprise sources to industry standards and troubleshoot issues as required. Maintain accurate and current documentation of all aspects of discovery projects such as collection tracking, technical specifications, search criteria, chain of custody and communications.
- Prepare electronic productions to industry standards, including exporting and load file creation; importing incoming productions; and, securely transferring data to external parties as required.
- Provide support and training as needed on discovery workflows, processes and systems while providing ongoing feedback and contribution to process improvements.
- Participate in and/or coordinate various Legal Operations initiatives or projects. Support testing and validation during discovery system upgrades and perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience and thorough understanding of the litigation and eDiscovery workflow processes including the full EDRM, associated protocols and related applications.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in hands-on data preservation and collection tasks from Office 365, network file shares, workstations, and other data storage locations.
- Qualified candidates will have experience in electronic information management, eDiscovery or litigation support, and the full EDRM life cycle.
- Experience supporting document review and production workflows including managed document review. Experience liaising with various stakeholders such as legal counsel, paralegals, custodians and service providers.
- Completion of a recognized eDiscovery study program or achievement of eDiscovery designation such as ACEDS.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in litigation, eDiscovery and related areas, including experience with managing the full EDRM lifecycle for litigation and experience in responding to discovery requests. Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an eDiscovery role preserving and collecting data from Office 365, network file shares, Workstations, and other data storage locations.
- Strong technical knowledge of eDiscovery applications, Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, network storage, and other technical enterprise-level resources.
- Experience with eDiscovery applications such as OpentText Axcelerate (or other Tier 1 eDiscovery applications), Office 365 Advanced eDiscovery, and Legal Hold Pro (or other automated legal hold system), Celebrite (or other mobile device analysis tool) is desirable.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.