Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Engineering clients to seek a Career Level Accounting Professional to work in their facilities located in Lithonia, GA on a 4-months contract.
The Career Level Accounting Professional will reconcile city bank accounts and will perform recording duties, and assisting with the preparation of work papers, with general questions related to job duties in annual audit process. This is a key role to help define and solution the accounting strategy, identifying solutions that meet the business requirements and enable the goals desired.
Day to day responsibilities:
• Reconcile City bank accounts
• Update fixed asset additions/disposals
• Record asset depreciation
• Review and record monthly procurement card expenses
• Record hotel motel excise tax accrual and revenue transfers
• Record motor vehicle excise tax accrual and revenue transfers
• Record weekly property tax revenue to general ledger
• Assist in annual audit process. Prepare work papers and assist with general questions related to job duties.
• Assist with quarterly internal audit inquiries.
• Reconcile cash collections on a daily basis
• Assist staff with general accounting related questions
Previous education & experience required:
- Accounting degree with at least 3 years of experience.
- Governmental/Fund accounting experience would be preferred.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major engineering company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.