Accounting Analyst II
Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Accounting Analyst to work in Calgary, AB, Canada, for a long term (12-months contract, subject to extension).
- General Ledger:
- Prepare journal entries to record monthly transactions in a timely manner for the monthly general ledger (G/L) close processes;
- Prepare schedules related to expense amortizations, investment continuity, etc.;
- Record various transactional activities including treasury/finance, corporate operating and administrative expenses;
- Prepare monthly G/L account reconciliations, including treasury tie-in’s for wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of corporate results;
- Provide ad hoc query support on various issues.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial information and internal variance analysis reporting relating to the Canadian Corporate LOBs;
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement to increase timeliness and efficiency;
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Treasury, Consolidations, and Internal Reporting, as well as working with multiple contacts within the Business Units on a monthly basis;
- Provide hands on assistance to the internal and external auditors, including the collection and analysis of financial information and supporting documents requested by the auditors;
- Provide support for the Unify project, such as data validation of trial balances for uploading into the new Enterprise ERP system
- Administrative tasks as required.
- Undergraduate Degree – Commerce, Business or equivalent;
- 4 years or more accounting/finance related experience;
- Previous experience with Oracle Financials / SAP/ Hyperion Financial Management / SmartView / Essbase would be an asset;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel);
- Individual working towards a professional accounting designation or with CPA designation;
- Working knowledge of US GAAP & Internal Control Principles;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several project deadlines concurrently;