Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Accountant Utilities to work in their facilities located in Red Deer, Alberta on a 1-year contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
· Independently carries out varied assignments requiring a broad application of GAAP/IFRS financial principles and internal policies and guidelines.
· Provide cost accounting and reporting, including analysis of inventory, sales and fixed costs
· Interprets and applies changes to complex billings with a sound understanding of contractual compliance
· Partner with commercial group for analysis of commodities and completion of monthly accounting and reporting in accordance with contractual arrangements
· Provides technical expertise and consulting to Finance Transformation leadership and manufacturing teams to address financial and accounting issues
· Fulfills request for information with external and internal audit, ensuring compliance with internal control policy and processes
· Prepares complex regulatory reports and submissions
· Account reconciliation and analysis on balance sheet accounts
· Anticipates and acts on continuous improvement opportunities with the goal to create synergies, maximize our technological investment in S4HANA while following the values and practices
· Develops and drives the plan to manage fixed and variable budget and forecast activities
Previous education & experience required:
· University graduate or equivalent with 5-7 years related Accounting experience or related field of study with strong accounting emphasis
· Professional accounting designation is preferred
· Proficient use of SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
· Self – starter with proven ability to establish and meet goals and deadlines
· Ability to work on cross-functional teams
· Works with the analysts within the Finance Transformation team on variance reporting
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.