Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is hiring an Accountant I to work with them in a 12 months contract position (with a possibility to be extended) located in Spring, TX.
- Provides key business information and analysis to business to enable expense, headcount and volumetric targets to be achieved and maintained.
- Monitors general ledger entries and processing streams to ensure the reliability of general ledger information
- Prepares and analyzes financial performance reports.
- Collaborates with department leaders in the development of capital, expense and personnel plans for forecasting and budgeting.
- Provides expertise on how to use financial data, the application of accounting guidelines, standards, procedures and policies.
- Ensures accounting practices are applied to analysis in an ethical and effective manner.
- Position will receive direction and support.
- This position might be described as Junior Accountant who is responsible for routine accounting transactions, basic account reconciliations tasks and simple financial analysis and is working under a high supervision.
- Analytical skills, Accounting experience, MS Excel, Financial systems.
Scope of work:
- Responsible for obtaining title opinion/title documentation, analysis of curative requirements and securing required curative documentation in order to determine the well/unit ownership.
- Interacts with peer department in obtaining relevant information impacting ownership and revenue distribution.
- Establishes and maintains ownership in accordance with record title for revenue distribution.
- Resolves ownership curative issues and processes administrative duties ensuring ownership is accurate for distribution of revenues.
- Review and verify Company owned gross working, overriding and/or royalty interests and process outside division orders for execution.
- Responsible for review of suspended revenues and ensuring monies are distributed accurately and timely.
- Manage assigned responsibilities and duties to ensure accurate and timely completion of assignments, projects and other duties as assigned.