Airswift has been tasked by one of its keys clients to find an Accountant to join their team on a 9-month contract working in Red Deer, AB.
As a member of the Finance Transformation team, this position is responsible for various accounting activities. This would include, but not be limited to inventory accounting, production, variable and fixed cost reporting, commodities, contractual billings, government reporting and audit support.
- Independently carries out varied assignments requiring a broad application of GAAP/IFRS financial principles and internal policies and guidelines
- Provide cost accounting and reporting, including analysis of inventory, sales and fixed costs
- Interprets and applies changes to complex billings with a sound understanding of contractual compliance
- Partner with commercial group for analysis of commodities and completion of monthly accounting and reporting in accordance with contractual arrangements
- Provides technical expertise and consulting to Finance Transformation leadership and manufacturing teams to address financial and accounting issues
- Fulfills request for information with external and internal audit, ensuring compliance with internal control policy and processes
- Prepares complex regulatory reports and submissions
- Account reconciliation and analysis on balance sheet accounts
- Completes ad hoc requests, as required
- Anticipates and acts on continuous improvement opportunities with the goal to create synergies, maximize our technological investment in S4HANA while following the values and practices of the company.
- Develops and drives the plan to manage fixed and variable budget and forecast activities
- Participates in benchmarking studies and other improvement initiatives
- University graduate or equivalent with 5-7 years related Accounting experience or related field of study with strong accounting emphasis
- Professional accounting designation is preferred
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrates an aptitude to understand complex processes and computerized financial and operational systems
- Proficient use of SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with and provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers