Airswift is seeking an Accountant to work with a major O&G company in Houston, TX. This is a 12-months opportunity with the possibility of extension and we are currently seeking candidates with experience primarily in a Trading company or the Trading floor of an Upstream E&P company since this role will be joining the company's Trading & Shipping team.
- B.S. degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance - must have one of these degrees
- 2-4 years experience in an Accounting role with exposure to Accounts Payable/Receivable & General Accounting.
- Candidates should have exposure and be familiar with the following accounting terms and the work flow processes associated with each: Account Reconciliations (Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Inter-Company Reconciliations), Assets & Liabilities, Credits & Debits.
- Prior experience with another trading company (preferred) but will entertain candidates with Upstream E&P experience, but not interested in candidates with downstream experience at this time.
- SAP experience is highly desired; however, will entertain candidates who have strong knowledge with similar ERP systems. Candidates should also be familiar with “Transaction Codes” in SAP.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Conduct moderately complex accounting activities relating to the generation of a complete general ledger;
- Ensure Account Payable activity including the timely and accurate processing of booking and invoicing, completion of payments;
- Verify, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records;
- Perform intercompany reconciliation and netting.
- Assist with month end activities and maintain general accounts reconciliation.
- Perform Account Payable activity including timely and accurate booking and processing of invoicing, completion of payments, verify, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable transactions to journal ledgers.
- Preparation and management of daily open AR report provided to management in support of identifying overdue customers
- Verify customer and vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions (particular attention to intercompany reconciliation activities). Resolve intercompany mismatches in a timely manner
- Pulls data from SAP system and perform analysis on costs and cost centers in order to monitor G&A costs and manage G&A contracts
- Manage intercompany service agreement monthly invoices to accuracy of data and timely approval
- Assist with month end activities tasks (bank reconciliations, GRIR, G&A analysis, and other tasks upon requested)
- Perform general ledgers reconciliation, ensure all items are reconciled, resolve unreconciled and open items in the timely manner
- Prepare AR/AP netting analysis in support of quarterly group reporting and SOX Controls.
- Compile and coordinate monthly reporting of KPI’s to SOX administrator
- Other requests and duties as assigned, such as census bureau reporting, annual 1099 tax reporting, etc.