Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Accountant to work in their facilities located in Joffre, AB on a 12 months contract.
The contractor will be responsible for various accounting activities for our business. This would include, but not be limited to inventory accounting, production, variable and fixed cost reporting, commodities, contractual billings, government reporting and audit support.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Independently carries out varied assignments requiring a broad application of GAAP/IFRS financial principles and internal policies and guidelines
- Provide cost accounting and reporting, including analysis of inventory, sales and fixed costs
- Interprets and applies changes to complex billings with a sound understanding of contractual compliance
- Partner with commercial group for analysis of commodities and completion of monthly accounting and reporting in accordance with contractual arrangements
- Provides technical expertise and consulting to Finance Transformation leadership and manufacturing teams to address financial and accounting issues
- Fulfills request for information with external and internal audit, ensuring compliance with internal control policy and processes
- Prepares complex regulatory reports and submissions
- Account reconciliation and analysis on balance sheet accounts
- Completes ad hoc requests, as required
- Anticipates and acts on continuous improvement opportunities with the goal to create synergies, maximize our technological investment in S4HANA while following the values and practices
- Develops and drives the plan to manage fixed and variable budget and forecast activities
- Participates in benchmarking studies and other improvement initiatives
- Works with the analysts within the Finance Transformation team on variance reporting
Previous education & experience required:
- University graduate or equivalent with 5-7 years related Accounting experience or related field of study with strong accounting emphasis
- Professional accounting designation is preferred
- Proficient use of SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Ability to work with a diverse group of company personnel including operations, commercial, distribution and other accounting groups, as well as both internal and external auditors.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.