Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Accounting I to work on a 12-month contract in Houston, TX.
- Assists in implementing approved accounting procedure changes with operating units and CCSD as required, including revision of related user manuals and forms and training assistance.
- Computes, compiles, and processes accounting data; examines, reconciles, and monitors disbursements and associated accounting entries and support documents to assure compliance with established procedure.
- Prepares data, calculations, statements, reports and computer input as required by specific job assignment.
- Conducts special studies of limited scope. Develops new or revised accounting procedures, tests validity, presents findings, and recommends approval.
- Investigates the significance of changes in account balances, overhead rates, construction costs, and unit costs; identifies contributing factors and summarizes finding, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Maintains and controls documents, ledgers, records and manuals as assigned.
- Assists in review of systems change proposals developed in other departments to determine their impact on the Controller's Division systems, procedures and operations.
- Advises supervisor and/or appropriate operating personnel of problems or unusual situations and provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Record Motiva invoice receivables and Saudi Aramco invoice payables timely and accurately.
- Process third party freight invoices timely.
- Reconcile Saudi Refining, Inc. general ledger accounts to crude oil sales and purchases subledger
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics and one (1) year diversified accounting experience.
- May consider candidate with high school diploma who demonstrates the ability to perform the assigned tasks which typically is gained from ten (10) years of diversified accounting experience relative to the specific area of assignment. This experience should include two (2) years work experience as a group leader or supervisor.
- Work experience should reflect progressively greater responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend English accurately, clearly and concisely at a level required to perform the job as outlined.
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.