Airswift is a global workforce solution provider, being now tasked by a Major company to find an AP professional to join their team. This position is responsible for preparing federal award financial reports and reimbursements; processing accounts receivable invoices related to federal awards; providing project and grant accounting support; general ledger account reconciliations; and other routine accounting functions. May be required to provide accounts receivable assistance to other staff members.
Scope of work:
- Prepares federal award quarterly financial reports and reimbursement requests. This position is responsible for submitting all approved financial reports and reimbursement requests to the various federal agencies.
- Coordinates with Grants Manager on monitoring and preparing the reconciliation of Sub-grant awards in Award Vision to the Navision Financial System.
- Assists with processing and monitoring federal award documents via various federal systems.
- Reviews transactions for compliance with applicable grant and contract terms, internal policies, and procedures
- Reviews and posts journal entries to record grantee matches and advances to grantees.
- Reviews and submits encumbrances. This task requires a working knowledge of fund and appropriation accounting in order to verify that the invoices are accurately coded, contain the appropriate backup documentation, and are within the appropriate purpose and scope of the grant and/or funding.
- Researches vendor statements on a monthly basis and researches outstanding balances over 30 days past due; identifies the cause of the overdue balances and takes the necessary action to resolve the delinquent status.
- Prepares bank and wire transfers and submits to the supervisor for review and approval. Bank transfers are prepared weekly for accounts payable transactions and have a strict deadline for completion. Other transfers are prepared on either a weekly, monthly, or quarterly timeline.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations. Researches any differences, and when corrections are necessary, prepares journal entries. This also includes attaching the backup information for supervisory staff to review and post. Reconciliations are done monthly, and at year-end, both of which have strict deadlines that must be met.
- Performs monthly bank and investment reconciliations and monitors daily cash transactions.