Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an expat GTG Instrument Engineer for one of our largest projects in Tengiz, 28 / 28 days rotation. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (Essential criterion) with 15+ years direct Electrical Power Generation and Distribution commissioning, start-up, maintenance and leadership.
- 15+ years direct Electrical Power Generation and Distribution commissioning, start-up, maintenance and leadership.
- Familiarity with industry commissioning processes and norms
- Ability to develop and control schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience with commissioning and integration of new power assets (power generators, electrical substations, etc) into existing power operations systems including scheduling, vendor and contractor management, risk analysis and mitigation planning, and stakeholder management.
- Familiar with power generation operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Competency with mechanical, electrical, and operational characteristics of GE gas turbines including a detailed understanding of control strategies.
- Experience with generator testing including, excitation systems, generator short circuit and open circuit testing, protection system testing, interlock/intertrip testing and online dynamic generator testing to base load, reliability testing and DLN tuning.
- Demonstrated experience with gas turbine generator troubleshooting, typical modifications, and knowledge of vendor capabilities.
- Experience leading small to mid-sized teams to success in challenging and complex work environments with many stakeholders.
- Prior experience as an OEM turbine generator field engineer preferred
- Proven ability to deliver results through influence in a matrix organization.