Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an expat SC Energization and Start-up Lead for one of our largest projects in Tengiz, 28 / 28 days rotation. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Job Specification and requirements:
- Interface with electrical area Leads, coordinators and commissioning sub-contractor to align with project energization schedule.
- Liaise with System owners, Operations, Power Operations, Construction, Fabrication and Completions teams on electrical commissioning issues and energization scopes of work
- Manage Systems Completion Electrical Engineer team providing oversight of the prioritized final commissioning and energization activities of project substations, EEO’s (Electrical Equipment Outstations), power generation plants and ASD’s.
- Where required manage and direct specialist commissioning vendors on site.
- Manage and direct commissioning sub-contractor for relevant scope.
- Manage energization documentation such as LUN (Livening Up Notification), Switch Cards, ITP’s (inspection and test plans), safety walkdowns and reviews and verification of completions documentation required for electrical system energization.
- Input and review the systems completion planning for all aspects of electrical energization
- Input to systems completion plans and execution documents
- Input and update to electrical commissioning procedures and work method statements for electrical scope.
- Attend progress meetings as required with engineering, fabrication, MEIC, operations and power operations.
- Review/agree on vendor testing requirements.
- Review current vendor drawings and commissioning documentations
- Actively participate in all required HAZOPs, risk reviews, certification walkdowns and all activities required to ensure safe and successful completion of commissioning and energization activities as well as relevant handover to operations.
Key skills, Education and Experience:
- Qualified to Degree level (Bachelor).
- Be able to implement Systems Completion processes .
- Knowledge and experience in design, commissioning, and start-up of electrical systems.
- 15 years Oil and Gas industry experience
- Very strong experience commissioning HV / LV switchgear, transformers, UPS systems, variable speed drives, standby diesel generators, power generation plants, electric heat tracing and cathodic (impressed current) protection
- In-depth knowledge of electrical testing and procedures for primary and secondary equipment such as protection relays, circuit breakers, disconnectors, current and voltage transformers. (Experience with SEL devices a plus)
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Injury Free (IIF) operations including application of these principles in an operating plant or commissioning and start-up environment.
- Operational experience in the use of Process Safety safeguards. Demonstrated performance of proactively addressing safety and potential process safety issues.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical testing and procedures for primary and secondary equipment such as protection relays, circuit breakers, disconnectors, current and voltage transformers
- Troubleshooting capabilities