Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an expat Lead Instrumentation Engineer for one of our largest projects in Tengiz, 28 / 28 days . We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Qualifying Requirements for this position
• Higher Education - Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• 7 or more years of instrumentation experience in the refining, petrochemical, or oil and gas operating facility industries
• Ability to assist group members in resolving technical issues and clarifying process requirements. Logical thinking.
• Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
• Fluency in English
• Current, valid Functional Safety competency certificate (PRISM, CFSE, ISA, TUV)
• Experienced in the selection, specification, configuration, testing and maintenance of safety instrumented systems following ISA / ANSI -84. 00. 01 and IEC 61508/ 61511-1, NFPA 85 / 86
• Experience with Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) process
• Refining process knowledge strong understanding of process units and business drivers
• Experience and knowledge of instrument and control systems through design and field installation
• Has the knowledge of the development of all SIS Functional Safety and SIS related deliverables including Functional Safety Plans, LOPA calculations, response time calculations, SIL verification calculations, safety requirements specifications, alarm specification for SIS /IPL, Cause and Effect diagrams, system block diagrams, logic narratives, and function / logic block diagrams
• Thorough understanding of P&ID symbology and presentation techniques
• Experience in SIS hardware inspection, FAT, SAT, loop checks, start-up and commissioning
• Ability to program and trouble-shoot SIS logic solver programs, preferably Honeywell FSC / SM and Invensys TriStation
• SPI (Intools) experience
• SAP experience
• Mechanical Integrity and Process Safety Management (PSM) knowledge
• Demonstrates strong desire to use problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop conceptual thinking to the point of practical applications, and an ability to implement these applications in the field
• Knowledge of instrument maintenance practices
• Demonstrated working knowledge of instrumentation technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
• Familiar with continuous process control.
• Knowledge of hazardous area approvals.
• Exposure to Instrumentation sizing tools and software.
• Familiar with instrumentation calibration and calibration strategies.
• Management of change experience.
• Ability to troubleshoot a range of automation and instrumentation systems.
• Serve as plant champion of instrument safety issues, resolving questions and issues through familiarity with industry, governmental, and plant safety standards.
• Instrument Mechanical Integrity (MI) regulatory compliance
• Technical development and mentorship and of other employees
• Responsible for development and management of procedures for safe and reliable start-up
• Functional Safety Assessments
• Participate and facilitate Functional Safety Assessment, LOPA / SIL assignment review meetings
• Assist in implementing and maintaining reliability programs and processes: Defect elimination, Event Code Metrics, Predictive/Preventive Maintenance Plans, Criticality Analysis, SIS and associated metrics.
• Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) / Layer Of Protection Analysis (LOPA) support
• Provide input for Turnaround preparation
• Familiarity with SIL Calculations and models
• Experience developing and interpreting Fault-Tree Analysis
• Assist with training and development of operators, technicians, and engineers in order to improve skill-sets with respect to LOPA and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
• Assist in training and development of Instrument Reliability Specialists and Technicians and SIS/PES Specialists and Technicians.
• Drives company core values, including ethics, safety, environmental leadership
• Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
• Establishes priorities and develops critical tasks
• Must have strong team-building skills with ability to build teams across organizational lines.
• Provide leadership for implementation of reliability systems.
• Assist and complete MOC s, P&ID s, PHA s as they relate to SIS Instrumentation.
• Adopt and share instrument systems best practices through internal and external networking. Networks/Teams Include:
• Field Instrument Network (FIN)
• Participate as site Team Member for the Field Instrument Network (FIN) and PHA / SIS / LOPA sub-team.
• Providing technical training to the instrumentation technicians in the area.
• Supporting the development of instrumentation reliability and maintenance procedures
Job locationAtyrau, Kazakhstan
5277 PMCS Integration Engineer
Dear all, Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an expat PMCS Integration Engineer for one of our largest projects in Tengiz, 28 / 28 days rotation. We are looking for candidat...
Airswift is seeking an Operations Planner in Lima, Ohio, to support one of our clients in O&G on an 8-month contract. The Operations Planner supports the turnaround planning team in the development...
Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking a Turnaround Coordinator to work on a 8 month assignment, with a possibility to be extended, in their facilities in Lima, OH. This position focuses on al...