Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an expat Senior Process Control Engineering Lead for one of our largest projects in Tengiz, 28 / 28 days rotation. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
The Senior Process Control Engineering Lead will be responsible for leading the site process control engineering efforts during commissioning and startup of the project's assets including along with utilities to support the various plants. This includes leading, directing and ownership of the project's team efforts in validating and resolving control issues or gaps identified in the facilities’ process control and Process Automation Systems in both regulatory and advanced process control applications. The key focus for this position is to ensure the process control design and implementation are aligned with company's standards and the functionality meets company's requirements for safety, reliability, maintainability, ease of use and incident free operation. This position supports all construction, commissioning, and startup activities through Phase 5 operation with particular focus on Site Acceptance Testing, functional validation and National PCE expertise development through hand-over to the Operations.
The Process Automation System (PAS) comprises of three main control discipline areas: Process Control System (PCS), Safety Instrumented System (SIS) and Fire and Gas System (FGS). Automation components of each of the above systems are fully integrated via Fault Tolerant Ethernet (FTE) control networks and SafeNet Safety Networks.
The PCS is based on Honeywell EPKS revision R5xx Distributed Control System (or later revision). SIS and FGS systems are designed based on Honeywell Safety Manager (SM) platform revision R16x.x or later (Part of EPKS product family).
IT components used within these control systems include the operating systems, application software, computer systems, storage, network infrastructure.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge and skills with Oil & Gas process control and process control systems. Specifically, Honeywell TDC-3000/Experion C300 and DMCplus multivariable control/optimization technologies is required.
- Field experience with compressor control (i.e., CCC), Safety Instrumented Systems and Fire & Gas systems is preferable.
- Experience using dynamic simulations to test PAS configuration and control strategy operation will also be considered.
- A minimum of a BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of industry experience is mandatory.
- Experienced in late phase 4 of large, complex projects involving multinational contractors & vendors providing process control consulting support in the following areas: commissioning control objectives and strategies, Process Automation System (PAS) configuration & programming implementation and executing functional test procedures for final acceptance.
- During site activities, candidate will also need to have a working knowledge of Functional Safety Requirements, the ability to recommend and apply appropriate process control technologies; validate that PAS engineering, configuration and testing meet process control operational requirements to further support commissioning and start-up activities.
- Hands-on experience in the application and support of process control technologies spanning basic regulatory through advanced multivariable control for complex hydrocarbon production, processing and/or refining facilities (wellhead & gathering, separation and distillation, pumping and compression, sour gas processing, steam and power generation, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to lead appropriate site tasks across multiple vendors, contractors and Operations personnel. Experience with integrating vendor package controls into the process control system is also mandatory.
- Demonstrated excellent We Lead Behaviors and ability to effectively lead, work and communicate across multiple organizational and department boundaries.
- This position will need to efficiently work with various groups within and outside the immediate project team.