Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an expat Project Engineer for one of our largest projects in Tengiz, 28/28 days rotation. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
- The expectation is that the selected candidate can start immediately working to deliver Ex- Inspection packages with an absolute minimum of training and preparation time and expedite EX Equipment Inspections to support Mechanical Completion targets.
- Experience on explosion proof design, manufacturing and installation to support adequate understanding of the company's specifications and requirements,
- Solid knowledge of KPJV MC+ & Coreworx (Pro-arc) databases is required.
- Demonstrate competency to IEC 60079, solid working knowledge of IEC-60079 and CU TR 012/2011 and EAC EX Certification
- Certification for installation and commissioning of E&I systems desirable.
- Valid CompEX certification or equivalent
- Engineering degree or equivalent, i.e.: post degree working level through evidenced experience, endorsement, and continual development evidence.
- Candidates need to be able work in a highly demanding multicultural construction project environment
Job Specification and requirements:
- Take responsibility for the management and execution of effective company assurance activities associated to Ex equipment management within the work scope.
- Verify that all Company and Contractor personnel associated to Ex equipment management activities are competent as per the project Ex Competency Plan. Compile regular work scope competency evidence for inclusion into the overall project verification dossier.
- Verify that contractor personnel have completed any required training e.g. cable gland installation training, certified training for Installers, Inspector’s, Commissioning Technician’s etc. Where training evidence is not available make this known to the Delivery Team Execution, Quality Manager or System Completion Manager for follow up with the Contractor.
- Reinforce the requirement for all installation, inspection, and commissioning personnel to have access to the pre-requisite information required to carry out the task as per the Project Ex Initial Detailed Inspection.
- The 3GI Ex RP’s shall make sure that suitable measures are in place to provide Contractors with the correct validated Ex equipment certificates of conformity in line with schedule needs. The Contractor is responsible for requesting Ex equipment certificates of conformity from Company which shall be validated during installation, inspection, and commissioning.
- Validate EX area type requirements and liaise with engineering to resolve any discrepancies.
- Continually liaise and support Business Partners (BP’s) with all installation, inspection, commissioning, and preservation issues.
- Ensure that a sufficient level of planned surveillance activities is being performed for inspection activities associated to notification of inspection (NFI) requests issued by the contractor.
- Ensure that sufficient ad-hoc surveillance activities are being performed during construction and commissioning activities to reduce the risk of latent defects presenting quality, schedule, production, or safety issues.
- Review and endorse 100% completed Ex equipment QVD’s/ B Sheets. Return unsatisfactory QVD’s or B Sheets to the originator without endorsement. This activity may be delegated to a competent person within the team e.g. competent Ex Inspector or competent Supervisor.
- Verify that the Contractor is highlighting any equipment installed not per design e.g. location, manufacturer, model number etc. via the RFI process.
- Liaise with the Delivery Team Execution, Quality Manager or System Completion Manager accordingly to ensure that adequate resource is always available at the required location to fulfil Company and Contractor assurance requirements throughout scope duration.
- Implement an effective validation process of MCPlus Ex QVD allocation ensuring any missing inspections or unnecessary inspections are identified and realigned via the Change Notice Procedure. Technically evaluate Change Notice Requests (CN’s) issued. Approve and endorse or reject accordingly.
- Act as moderator for any non-tagged items raised, drive resolution with engineering and SC to achieve adequate tagging and registration for these items.