Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an expat Startup Lead for one of our largest projects in Tengiz, 28/28 days rotation. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
- Working within the Power Integration Delivery team, the Power Generation Integration and Startup lead will lead a small team of engineers to perform dynamic commissioning and testing on five GE Frame 9E gas turbine generators that are directly tied into existing and future operating facilities.
- Provide leadership and technical mentoring to junior engineers with focus on safety, quality, and communication.
- Lead dynamic commissioning on electrical, control, and mechanical sub-systems including integration into the live HV network with focus on safety and quality.
- Responsible for managing and supervising a team of execution contractors’ engineers and technicians and responsible for the pre-commissioning and commissioning of the Generation and Control Tie-Ins works.
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning experience with Large Generators/ Power Station including Integration of the Large Generators with Power existing system is essential to this position.
- Ability to evaluate and optimize the operating dispatch of a large power generation fleet.
- Power system risk and SIMOPs analysis and mitigation planning and deployment.
- Liaise with engineering, operations, construction, fabrication and completions teams on electrical and mechanical commissioning issues.
- Commissioning and energization activities of HV/ MV substations and integration to 110kV Network.
- Review and comment on engineering design deliverables & contracts
- Input and review systems completions planning for all aspects of commissioning
- Input to system completions plans and execution documents
- Ensure the Generation, Transmission and distribution system is commissioned in line with Republic of Kazakhstan & Regulatory requirements.
- Attend progress meetings with construction and commissioning engineering contractor and peripheral work groups within the Integration team.
- Provide management and guidance during troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Review / agree vendor testing requirements.
- Provide leadership for field execution and overall work direction to the team of vendor representatives and contractors
- Take part of risk reviews as required by the Assurance Interface Risk lead
- 15+ years direct Electrical Power Generation and Distribution commissioning, start-up, maintenance and leadership.
- Familiarity with industry commissioning processes and norms
- Ability to develop and control schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience with commissioning and integration of new power assets (power generators, electrical substations, etc) into existing power operations systems including scheduling, vendor and contractor management, risk analysis and mitigation planning, and stakeholder management.
- Familiar with power generation operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Competency with mechanical, electrical, and operational characteristics of GE gas turbines including a detailed understanding of control strategies.
- Experience with generator testing including, DLN tuning, gas turbine performance testing, safety system test, excitation test, generator on and off-line testing.
- Demonstrated experience with gas turbine troubleshooting, typical modifications, and knowledge of vendor capabilities.
- Experience leading small to mid-sized teams to success in challenging and complex work environments with many stakeholders.
- Prior experience as an OEM turbine generator field engineer preferred
- Proven ability to deliver results through influence in a matrix organization.