3GP QC HVAC Inspector - ME&I Green
Education (Diploma): University degree/diploma or equivalent
Relevant Experience: 10 years with 3 years directly relating to supervision
Communication Skills: English speaking. Computer medium level ability
Requirements for the role:
- Mechanical Trade Qualification or Mechanical Engineering background with minimum 5 years related industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years inspection related to HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of applicable codes, such as ANSI/AMCA Standard 204-05, ASME/ANSI B16.5 -1996, ASME/ANSI B16.22-1995, SAE J513-1994-1999
- Experience in managing inspection in a project environment.
- Working knowledge in all construction disciplines; Civil, Structural, Pipe, Mechanical, and Welding required.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Reporting relationship to the MEI Mechanical Quality Lead.
- Participate and commit to the project Incident and Injury Free (IIF) Program.
- Direct and oversee activities related to;
- Air Handling Units;
- Heat Exchangers;
- Fire Dampers;
- PAU’s & PAR’s;
- Flange Management
- Provide overall HVAC package equipment technical leadership, expertise and mentoring capabilities.
- Review, comment and approve work performed by Contractor to ensure compliance to specifications, codes and standards.
- Review and comment documents submitted by Contractor (FRB/MRB’s) with package equipment’s/PAU’s.
- Direct and oversee the activities of inspection, monitoring and certifying the quality of all HVAC package equipment and project installations including survey’s.
- Participate in site material receiving inspections, conduct field erection inspections along with QC for compliance to erection tolerances and in accordance with the applicable Inspection and Test Plans (ITP)
- Participate in site/line walkdowns for System/Mechanical Completion.
- Ensure ‘Contractor Quality Requirements’ are being met and the Company Surveillance Program is implemented and effective.