Brief Job Description: Project Engineer position has a broad scope of responsibilities for project management on multiple, concurrent, OPEX and small capital projects (typically $2MM – 50MM). These responsibilities include: Scope, cost, schedule and execution plan development, developing business case for projects and presentation to management, Quality assurance and control of engineering deliverables, Construction contracting and management. Reporting Engineering and Project Progress, Project Closeout and Lookback.
Project scope varies from replace-in-kind, to major turnarounds projects and new facility construction, in support of production facilities and power generation and distribution systems. Current project portfolio includes replacement of large gas driven generators, MV and HV substations, MV MCC and station UPS, large synchronous motors, and Toxic Gas Detection and Alarming upgrades. Planned power system upgrade projects include MV and HV generation and transmission systems involving substations, generator and transformer replacements. Candidates should have a strong background in electrical power and brownfield Instrumentation and Electrical construction, with good project management skills. Projects may include elements of reliability, civil/structural, fixed and rotating mechanical equipment, instrumentation and controls.
The project engineer is responsible for the quality of work on all technical aspects of the managed project:
- Developing, evaluating and making formal recommendations and justifications for various projects
- Managing scope, schedule and budgets for each project in the EDN portfolio.
- Developing project strategies, contracting plans, permitting plans and execution plans for Engineering, Procurement and Construction.
- Executing agreed-upon local content objectives.
- Assuring proper Regulatory Approval / Code Compliance packages are developed.
- Providing technical expertise in technologies, methods and processes.
- Supporting and following all Safety & Environmental policy and guidelines and PSM processes.
- Ensuring development of project safety plans and monitoring and promoting safety at all project work locations.
- Being responsible for budget preparation, cost control and forecasting to align expenditures with approved budget.
- Issuing regular portfolio Status Reports, including Cost and Schedule updates and forecasts.
- Reporting as necessary to Decision Review Board (DRB), including making formal presentations.
Job Specification and requirements:
- Republic of Kazakhstan Citizenship
- Higher degree in Electrical / Power Engineering
- Relevant project work experience not less than 3 years. Overall engineering work experience not less than 3 years.
- Champions and ensures the use of safe work practices and procedures and is a role model with respect to safety leadership behaviors.
- Well developed project management skills and previous experience in project execution.
- Good understanding of principles and techniques in FE disciplines, civil, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, process, automation.
- Self starter - Strongly proactive in most areas.
- Able to use multi field/asset/project knowledge combined with technical know how to solve problems.
- Has a good understanding of and applies knowledge of non FE disciplines (i.e., operations, Health Environment and Safety (HES), business development, etc).
- Participates in assessment and prioritization of Operational Excellence (OE) gaps within area.
- Demonstrate good to excellent oral and written communication skills to all levels of management.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Technical Specifications and RoK Standards.
- Kazakh, Russian, English Language Knowledge not less than level 4.