Brief Job Description:
Engineering (mechanical) support of Project Engineering Department and Tengiz Plant Operations as well as FGP and WFF. Full Responsibility from Concept to Implementation and Startup. Active participation in Design (Agile and Kanban sessions), Procurement and Construction. SME in international, RoK and TCO Standards, Specifications and Procedures (ASME and API Standards as well as GOST and SNiP Codes).
- Provide input to Project Engineers during early project development phases.
- Provide engineering and design input to Projects.
- Provide input to and participating in Project Planning, Scheduling and Estimates.
- Provide support in specifying and purchasing of major mechanical equipment such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers, pumps, compressors, tanks etc.
- Provide support in specifying and purchasing of valves, piping, pipe fitting, insulation and other bulk items.
- Provide support in specifying and purchasing of HVAC and Fire Protection equipment and bulk items.
- Ensure that all design packages comply with TCO Specifications & ASME, API and other applicable national and international standards.
- Ensure that materials used in the fabrication and construction complies with TCO Specifications and requirements.
- Provide technical support to site Construction and Start-up / Commissioning groups. Providing technical solutions to problems at construction site.
- Maintain and update of TCO Specifications & Standards in Mechanical / Piping discipline.
- Provide technical input, reports and discussion to site technical review bodies or committees.
- Equipment design and calculations (tanks, pressure vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, columns, HVAC) and piping due to complex stresses in sour service in accordance with requirements of NACE, API, ISO and also complying to standards for pressure relieving
- Job Pack preparation
Job Specification and requirements:
Specific candidate skills
• Higher technical education with emphasis on Mechanical/Piping Engineering
• Relevant work experience 5+ years working on large international projects.
• Thorough knowledge and extensive practice in implementing and interpretation of local and international industry/regulatory codes and standards.
• Has experience in equipment design and calculations (tanks, pressure vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, columns, HVAC) and piping due to complex stresses in sour service in accordance with requirements of NACE, API, ISO and also complying to standards for pressure relieving.
• Has experience in stress analysis calculation.
• Has experience in Job Pack preparation in Piping and Mechanical Discipline.
• Has good understanding of mechanical and chemical properties of steels and alloys used for piping and equipment fabrication.
• Knowledge of GOST, ASTM, ANSI, API, DIN, ISO, BS EN standards for materials and components implemented in piping and equipment fabrication (steel plates, pipe, flanges, gaskets, seals, fittings, threaded connections, valves etc.)
• Has experience of using ASME 31.3 for pipe stress calculations, selecting and locating supports and expansion loops including implementation of special software applications.
• Has experience in equipment layout plans, pipe routing on field and plant units, preparation of material-take-offs, equipment data sheets.
• Proven skills in technical interactions with vendors and contractors.
• Champions and ensures the use of safe work practices and procedures and is a role model with respect to safety leadership behaviors.
• Achieve or exceed English level 3 on TCO proficiency scale
• Knowledge of welding codes and NDT
• Familiar with materials and integrity
• Has experience participating in HAZOP, Design Reviews, 3-D Model Reviews.
• Has broad experience in capital projects of oil & gas fields development, understands sequence of project execution phases and can produce engineering deliverables pertinent to different stages of engineering design.
• Have a good understanding of principles and techniques in other related disciplines.
• Has a good understanding of and applies knowledge of related disciplines (i.e., operations, Health Environment and Safety (HES), business development, etc).
• Demonstrate good to excellent oral and written communication skills to all levels of management.
• Familiar with TCO procedures and specifications
• Stable work history & Team player
• Demonstrates high level of motivation and has clear vision of career development.
• Demonstrates high level of technical qualification confidence.