Brief Job Description:
The Position will be responsible for coordinating execution of commissioning activities for given systems and managing successful handover to the FGP Operations Start-up Team. In this position, the candidate is expected to coordinate multi-disciplinary pre-commissioning & commissioning activities (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & control systems) with the Commissioning Contractor and Company Discipline Subject Matter Experts (SME). There will be strong interface with the Start-up Team and ad-hoc interface with the Construction Contractor for support services.
Job Specification and requirements:
- Experience as Commissioning Engineer for facility/system on projects – minimum 10 years (15-20 years preferred).
- Rotational expatriate position located in Tengiz, Kazakhstan.
- Hands-on field experience in executing commissioning activities (either as part of managing contractor team or as part commissioning contractor team).
- Demonstrated safety values in positions of responsibility for safe execution of field work, including participation in HAZIDs. HAZOP experience bonus.
- Experience managing pre-commissioning & commissioning activities in hydrocarbon facilities.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary commissioning activities, working with SMEs and specialists.
- Understanding of Regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to delivery scope working across multiple stakeholders; deliver with influence. Drive varied stakeholder group towards decisions.
- Previous experience working in the Republic of Kazakhstan preferred.
- Previous experience working rotational schedule in remote locations preferred.
- Formal Engineering qualifications, Bachelor or above; process engineering experience desired. Will consider candidates with significant commissioning experience at the right level, in the absence of formal qualifications.
- Develops and implements Systems Completion plans and procedures
- Works with SC Contractor to manage pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Owns and facilitates weekly Blue-zone meetings to drive daily/weekly targets
- Defines and validates SC certification scope for assigned sub-systems
- Assists in plan and procedure development
- Coordinates activities between Construction, Systems Completion and Operations SU teams
- Owns & drives daily and weekly meetings
- Responsible for pre-commissioning and commissioning (MC to RFO) of their assigned systems
- Manages interfaces with other System Owners & Discipline Leads for transition from pre-commissioning to commissioning
- Liaises closely with Construction, Operations and System Completions personnel as required.