Brief Job Description:
The Position will be responsible for coordinating execution of commissioning activities for given systems and managing successful handover to the Start-up Team. In this position, the candidate is expected to coordinate multi-disciplinary pre-commissioning & commissioning activities (mechanical, electrical & control system) with the Commissioning Contractor and Company Discipline Subject Matter Experts (SME). There will be strong interface with the Start-up Team and ad-hoc interface with the Construction Contractor for support services.
Job Specification and requirements:
- Experience as Commissioning Lead or Commissioning Manager for facility/system on major capital projects – 10-15 years.
- Hands-on field experience in executing commissioning activities (either as part of managing contractor team or as part commissioning contractor team), as opposed assurance roles in Owner organisations.
- Demonstrated safety values in positions of responsibility for safe execution of field work, including participation in HAZIDs. HAZOP experience bonus.
- Experience managing pre-commissioning & commissioning activities in hydrocarbon facilities.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary commissioning activities, working with SMEs and specialists.
- Experience in any of the following systems strongly desired: steam, oil & gas processing (separation, stabilization, fractionation/splitting, sweetening/MEROX processes).
- Commissioning Experience in the following key equipment: steam boilers, thermal oxidisers, compressors (electrically and steam driven).
- Understanding of Regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to delivery scope working across multiple stakeholders; deliver with influence. Drive varied stakeholder group towards decisions.
- Ability to lead less experienced team members.
- Experience working in Republic of Kazakhstan and/or Russia is a bonus.
- Experience working with CVX/TCO/ExxonMobil is a bonus.
- Formal Engineering qualifications, Bachelor or above; process engineering experience desired. Will consider candidates with significant commissioning experience at the right level, in the absence of formal qualifications.