Brief Job Description:
Systems Completion (SC) Electrical Area Lead (Power)
- 3GP System Completion Electrical Team Lead responsible for managing a team of Electrical Engineers and Coordinators responsible for the pre-commissioning and commissioning of the 3GP electrical generation and distribution network for the FGP project.
Job Specification and requirements:
- Direct and motivate electrical area coordinators and commissioning sub contractor to align with project priorities and schedule.
- Liaise with Engineering, Operations, Power Operations, Construction, Fabrication and Completions teams on electrical commissioning issues and 3GP scope of work
- Manage Systems Completion Electrical Engineers and Coordinators providing oversight of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities of project substations, EEO’s (Electrical Equipment Outstations) and power generation plants
- Manage and direct specialist commissioning vendors on site.
- Manage and direct pre-commissioning and commissioning sub-contractor.
- Manage systemization of electrical systems against current drawings for the 3GP electrical generation and distribution network scope.
- Review and comment on engineering design changes, deliverables & contracts
- Input and review the 3GP systems completion planning for all aspects of electrical commissioning
- Input to systems completion plans and execution documents
- Manage the development of electrical commissioning procedures and work method statements for 3GP electrical scope.
- Ensure correct assignment of QVDs and check sheets within the SCD.
- Ensure the 3GP electrical generation and distribution system is commissioned in accordance with the Republic of Kazakhstan & Regulatory requirements.
- Attend progress meetings as required with engineering, fabrication, MEIC, operations and power operations.
- Review/agree on vendor testing requirements.
- Ensure required commissioning spare parts are available for all electrical pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. Review SPIRs as required and monitor progress of purchase requisitions and purchase orders to ensure material is supplied when required at site.
- Review current vendor drawings and commissioning documentations
- Actively participate in all required HAZOPs, risk reviews, certification walkdowns and all activities required to ensure safe and successful completion of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities as well as handover to operations.
Key skills, Education and Experience:
- Qualified to Degree level
- Be able to implement Chevron’s Systems Completion processes on major capital projects. Knowledge and experience in design, commissioning, and start-up of electrical systems.
- TCO Experience. Capital Project and Team Leadership Experience
- Kazakh, Russian, English (English essential)
- 15 years relevant Oil and Gas industry experience
- Very strong experience commissioning HV / LV switchgear, transformers, UPS systems, variable speed drives, standby diesel generators, power generation plants, electric heat tracing and cathodic (impressed current) protection
- Must have in-depth overall knowledge and experience with all aspects of testing and commissioning of GE fame 9 power generators
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Injury Free (IIF) operations including application of these principles in an operating plant or commissioning and start-up environment.
- Operational experience in the use of Process Safety safeguards. Demonstrated performance of proactively addressing safety and potential process safety issues.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical testing and procedures for primary and secondary equipment such as protection relays, circuit breakers, disconnectors, current and voltage transformers
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities
- Good communicator – effectively communicate at all levels and on with multi disciplined teams on complex topics