Completions Engineer –3GP SIS & PCS Systems Completions Engineer - Tengiz Based.
The Chevron-operated Future Growth Project-Wellhead Pressure Management Project (FGP-WPMP), which represents the next major expansion of the Tengiz oilfield. FGP will use sour gas injection technology to increase Tengiz crude oil production by approximately 12 million tonnes per year. The new Tengiz crude oil production capacity will be approximately 39 million tonnes per year. TCO is looking for creative and experienced people to join the Completions Project team.
TCO has an exciting opportunity for experienced Instrumentation and Controls Completions engineer. Based in Tengiz Kazakhstan in a 28/28 rota, these roles will report to the 3GP SC Utilities I/C Area Lead.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
- Commits to and champions the implementation of a safe working environment for everyone on the project and the continuing establishment of an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
- Development of systems completions database turnover systems and Completions turnover documents to facilitate systemized completions execution plan.
- Work within the Completions team to develop Pre- commissioning and commissioning procedures for execution in Tengiz.
- Work with Area Completions Managers to ensure operational excellence and incident and injury free expectations are met
- Provide daily updates and progress reports to the 3GP Utilities I/C Area Lead.
- Conduct daily weekly meetings to the team on safety related concerns and issues and give clear work direction.
- Provide expert commissioning, start-up and operations support, including interfacing with other functional groups such as operations, construction, engineering, quality and vendor representatives
- Review and endorse commissioning plans and procedures.
- Lead multi-skilled teams in the safe execution of I&C commissioning testing, including SAT on Honeywell Automation systems, Loop Testing, Safety Integrity Function testing of systems equipment, Control Narrative verification - to enable such systems and equipment to be safely handed over to Operations for start-up in accordance with the completions requirements.
- Lead multi-skilled teams in the safe execution of I&C testing for systems and equipment that are under Operations control, and equipment and systems which interface with running plant
- Understand, communicate and adhere to company policies for management of change for all aspects of work on commissioning and operational systems and equipment
- Provide support to short and longer-term planning recommendations for Completions Team tactical execution
- Provide on-site coordination support and assistance in ensuring resources are adequately deployed in priority areas
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Extensive, broad technical experience across a range of large facility support and operational systems, including power generation and turbo machinery
- Must be a self-motivated individual who is capable of coaching and mentoring a large number of team members in the technical aspects of commissioning and start-up.
- Ability to demonstrate model behaviours and be comfortable working closely with peers and senior leadership across the organization.
- Possess “expert” knowledge of the transition processes from project to stable operation of a large scale facility
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities including Licenses and Certifications:
- Eight (8) years’ experience working on large-mega size turnover projects.
- Chevron experience is required but not essential with ideally TCO experience.
- On-site project Tengiz Kazakhstan. Workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather.