Education Background / Qualifications:
Higher level education from a University or Technical institute is highly desired in engineering or industrial sciences.
Basic computer Skills Microsoft Excel, Word, E-Mail, desired skills in MS Projects.
High regard to SAFETY is a requirement. Willing to participate and always promote Safe Operations. May be asked to Mentor/Advise peers on technical issues. Ability to work on tasks at once and interface with other disciplines.
Must have a minimum of 7 years work experience in construction. Experience may be in construction, construction management, quality control or commissioning.
Working knowledge of industry codes governing work in assigned discipline. Familiar with industry codes governing work in other disciplines.
Experience in an International location is desirable. Supervising numerous small to medium sized projects is typical. Because of the complexity of the Tengiz facilities, a background of both upstream and downstream experience is desirable, but not a must. Experience with sour gas or processing facilities is also desirable.
Must have demonstrated leadership abilities.
Prior supervisory experience desirable.
Must understand project scheduling, cost tracking and contractor evaluation.
Must have handled projects ranging in value from $250M to $1MM.
The 3GP ME&I Cable Management Construction Engineer supports the Construction Management team in accomplishing the near-term work across ME&I Blue and ME&I Green. The Construction Engineer’s role is responsible for delivering the 120 day lookahead plan, sufficiently scoped, planned and constraint-free to support the onsite construction execution. The Cable Management Construction Engineer has a focus on delivering the completion of the underground electrical and instrument cable scope of work.
The Construction Engineer will also engage on a day-to-day basis with their counterparts on the ME&I contractor construction engineering team; assisting with resolving technical issues; providing guidance on work methods; and resolving engineering, technical, and material issues in a timely fashion.
Essential Position Functions:
- Participate in NEAR MISS and SAFETY OBSERVATION programs;
- Provide guidance to National Employees in selected discipline
- Review job packs to ensure construction ability of the work.
- Review material takeoffs to ensure all materials required for the job are available prior to start of the work.
- Help monitor contractors’ personnel to ensure adherence to safe work practices
- Capable of reading and understanding engineering drawings (PFD, P&ID, SLD) for assigned discipline
- Help control quantity of Contractor equipment and personnel assigned to reimbursable jobs to maximize work execution efficiency and minimize overall cost
- Monitor quality of construction work performed by Contractor and ensures adherence to project specifications, codes and AFC drawings
- Review Contractors time tickets and invoices for accuracy
- Review accuracy of As-Built information supplied by the Contractor
- Interface with the appropriate departments within TCO
- Interface with appropriate Project Engineer(s) on technical issues to ensure project objectives are met
- Participates in final job reviews with Operations
- Compile necessary project closeout information
- Special Skills / Requirements:
- Ability to work rotationally. Ability to team or speak Russian is an asset but not a requirement.
Instrument & Electrical Discipline
- Strong ability to understand Instrument & Electrical drawings and help construction contractors with questions.
- Experience in low/high voltage power distribution installation, control panels installation & hook-up, instruments calibrations/testing requirements, and instrument installations.
- Experience with cable hook-ups & terminations, instrument and electrical.
- Working with Engineering, Construction, Logistics, Material Management, Work Face Planning, & Supply Chain.
- Manage the look ahead construction schedule, keeping the contractors moving and managing interface issues.
- Align on and approve method statements, job packs, to proceed with the work, etc.
- Attends contractor weekly construction meetings and giving updates on key issues impacting progress
- Able to have discussions on Incident and Injury Free with the crews, complete site reviews of the contractor’s job site processes and safeguards to ensure they comply with TCO safe work practices.
- Ensure redline drawings in time for the Field Engineering Team to scheduled mechanical completion walkdowns.
- Responsible for managing the site cable management database, ensuring cable quantities are available to
- execute IWPs.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining the Company view of the construction execution strategy & sequencing (path of construction) for the electrical and instrument cable scope, influencing the ME&I contractor(s) as needed to drive company priorities
- Provide daily support to enable construction, resolving construction-related queries, issues, and problems at site through clarifying design information, construction requirements, and specifications
- Support Workface Planning organization in the 120d timeframe and beyond, through development of IWPs and constraint removal processes
- Support the effort of driving subsystems to “clean” mechanical completion, delivering subsystem milestones on schedule