3GP SC I-C Utilities Plant Lead - Tengiz Based
The Chevron-operated Future Growth Project-Wellhead Pressure Management Project (FGP-WPMP) represents the next major expansion of the Tengiz oilfield.
FGP will use sour gas injection technology to increase Tengiz crude oil production by approximately 12 million tonnes per year. The new Tengiz crude oil production capacity will be approximately 39 million tonnes per year. TCO is looking for creative and experienced people to join the Completions Project team.
TCO has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Instrumentation and Controls Loop Check Coordinator, based in Tengiz Kazakhstan on a 28/28 rota. This role will report to the FGP Systems Completion I&C Execution Manager.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
- Commitment to health, environment, and safety and TCO and Chevron best practices.
- Commits to and champions the implementation of a safe working environment for everyone on the project and the continuing establishment of an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
- Development of systems completion database turnover systems and Completions certification turnover documents to facilitate systemized completions execution plan.
- Work within the Completions team to develop Pre- commissioning and commissioning procedures for execution in Tengiz.
- Work with Area Completions Managers to ensure operational excellence and incident and injury free expectations are met
- Provide daily updates and progress reports to the FGP Systems Completion I&C Execution Manager.
- Conduct daily weekly meetings to the team on safety related concerns and issues and give clear work direction.
- Provide expert commissioning, start-up, and operations support, including interfacing with other functional groups such as operations, construction, engineering, quality, and vendor representatives.
- Review and endorse commissioning plans and procedures.
- Lead multi-skilled teams in the safe execution of I&C commissioning testing, including SAT on Honeywell Automation systems, Loop Testing, Safety Integrity Function testing of systems and equipment, to enable such systems and equipment to be safely handed over to Operations for start-up in accordance with the completions requirements.
- Manage IT Completions lead who is responsible for completions of telecommunications systems, including Networking, CCTV, Access Control, Telephony, Radios, Fibre Optics, UPS&DC power & Meteorological.
- Lead multi-skilled teams in the safe execution of I&C testing for systems and equipment that are under Operations control, and equipment and systems which interface with running plant.
- Understand, communicate, and adhere to company policies for management of change for all aspects of work on commissioning and operational systems and equipment.
- Provide support to short and longer-term planning recommendations for Completions Team tactical execution.
- Provide on-site coordination support and assistance in ensuring resources are adequately deployed in priority areas.
Key skills and experience required:
- Must be a self-motivated individual who excels working within a team and who is capable of coaching and mentoring team members in the technical aspects of pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up.
- Extensive, broad technical experience across a range of large facility support and operational systems, including power generation and turbo machinery.
- Ability to demonstrate model behaviours and be comfortable and productive working closely with peers and senior leadership across the organization.
- Possess “expert” knowledge of the transition processes from project to stable operation of a large-scale facility.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results.
- Demonstrated commitment to TCO and Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities including Licenses and Certifications:
- Eight (8) years’ experience working on large-mega size turnover projects.
- TCO/Chevron/Exxon facility or project experience is preferred.
- On-site project Tengiz Kazakhstan.
- Workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and site exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration, excessive noise, working at heights, confined spaces, and fumes or airborne particles and wearing of approved PPE as per TCO and Project mandatory rules.
- Various extremes of weather conditions.
Tertiary level (post secondary education)/ Technical Education Institute/ Apprenticeship. Must be able to communicate in verbal and written English.
Significant project experience (8 years) Leading commissioning teams in the safe execution of Instrumentation & Controls activities from Loop Check, Commissioning Function testing (SIS Validations, Control Safeguarding Narratives, Cause & Effect Testing, Sequence Logic Testing), Dynamic Commissioning and supporting safe start-up
Apprenticeship/City & Guilds or HNC or HND or Diploma /Degree or Completed specific Automated Valve Technical and Product Training.