As a PCN/IT Administrator, assists the organization in design and building Process Control Network infrastructure and performing tasks in compliance with best practices.
This role will be responsible for design review, commissioning, and supporting infrastructure IT systems in the Process Control Network within clients Power Management Control Systems (PMCS). Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on complex technical matters, maintain and interprets data security governance policies.
- Review existing design, identify gaps, provide technical resolutions, and work final solution with various Stakeholders for acceptance
- Drafting, review and provision of response for site technical queries (RFIs/RIMS)
- Interface with Vendors/Contractors/Integrators to collect necessary information for facility subsystems
- Interface and technical support of various project parties – Construction, Commissioning, Design contractors, Tie-ins, Operations, PJV/KPJV Engineering
- Comms issues: software/hardware failure root cause analysis review, and provision of resolution path in coordination with FGP Infrastructure team/Vendors
- Participation in Site Acceptance Tests
- Review, analyze, create schedules for various activities depending on provided construction /commissioning schedules
- Design of network architectures/ data flows for PCN systems services supplied by GE Grid, Schneider, Siemens, SEL, Honeywell, Det-Tronics, Gutor, Topec; Wood Group etc.
- Consolidate IT/PCN related engineering deliverables including inventory list, services reports, backup & recovery procedures, etc.
- Step-by-step integration of local automated control systems of newly built facilities (110kV/35kV/10kV/6kV/0.4kV Substations and non-process buildings) to existing automation networks and data collectors/servers.
Job Specification and requirements:
- Engineering degree – IT Infrastructure, Computer Science, Electronics, Automation
- Experience or education background on IT/PCN, networks or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years' experience in designing/installing/commissioning of IT systems hardware/software in Oil&Gas industry.
- Strong skills to understand, read, review, and draft various IT/PCN related design documents (Infrastructure SAT procedures, network architectures, data flow diagrams, Purdue network diagrams, datasheets, application manuals, PCN/IT inventory, services reports.)
- Strong skills, knowledge, and hands-on experience of various control systems network/protocols/interfaces (Modbus TCP, ControlLogix, TEAM, NGVL, DNP, IT service, OPC, GOOSE, PEERSYNC, etc.) and troubleshooting thereof.
- Configuration switches & Firewalls & VM servers (Cisco/Westermo/RuggedCom/MOXA/Hirshmann)
- Knowledge of principles/standards/best industry practices/norms and rules for:
- Different network levels topology (FTE, PAS, DMZ, Business network)
- Basics of System Management/Active directory data flow;
- Control systems industrial network integration: PMCS, F&G, HVAC, and electrical systems
- Experience deploying, using, and supporting of the following:
VMWare, Microsoft, Solarwinds, Splunk, NetApp SAN, Peersync, Acronis etc.