RAPMD Database Lead (Atyrau - 5/2)
FGP Regulatory Affairs Group requires an experienced database administrator to provide daily administrative support for the operation of the Regulatory Affairs Project Management Database (RAPMD). Reporting directly to the RA General Services & Certification Supervisor the Lead will be required to assist in the development, continuous improvement and daily maintenance of the database. Will work as part of a follow-on software development team and therefore must have Java / .net competency
- Reports and provides assistance to RA General Services & Certification Supervisor as requested
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the database functions effectively and meets the business needs of the RA team
- Responsible for assisting in the technical development of the database
- Member of the software engineering team, will engineer fixes and updates as part of a Kanban / Scrum team
- Interfaces with Developer as required to provide input, feedback and continuous improvement of the system, reporting of faults, issues.
- Shall work as part of a team together with Developer representatives to improve and extend functionality of the database
- Shall work with Developer representatives to gain a full understanding of how the data is structured and works in order to participate in future upgrades
- Expedites resolution of technical issues with the system to ensure business needs are met
- Support in getting alignment with all project stakeholders, data owners, and users of the system
- Troubleshooting, raising tickets for higher level support as required
- Registration of new users, providing and managing permissions
- Interfaces with RA teams, as well as CMS team to ensure alignment and smooth transfer of required data streams as applicable
- Gain input from RA teams to assist in development of Functional Specifications for new features as required
- Day-to-day maintenance of contract for ongoing development of the database (timesheets and approvals etc. as instructed)
- Author plans, procedures, work instructions, presentations relative to work scope
- Provide training sessions to RA personnel and other project groups on the use of the database as requested by the Deputy Manager
- Ensures that synergies are created with other Project groups and Base Business to implement business requirements as efficiently as possible
- Provide support, technical insight, suggestions and advise on improvement of RAPMD system and processes associated with it.
- Ensures that deliverables are correctly loaded into RAPMD against the correct attributes, scopes, component and systems tags
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues causing a delay or obstacle to the correct functioning of the database
- Interfacing with other project groups such as IM relative to own scope to resolve issues and improve processes and targets
- Interfaces with base-business focal points to ensure requirements and functionalities are understood and implemented if necessary
- Responsible for alignment and collaboration with Project CMS team as required
- Load documentation into RAPMD as applicable
- Responsible for generating, collating and maintaining regular reports as required by RA Deputy Manager
- Must be an experienced database engineer
- Must have good .NET experience and knowledge.
Shall be educated to degree level in an IT related subject (database development or software engineering) and must be fluent in both English and Russian languages. Previous experience in software engineering, database development, database administration, business analyst or similar role. Must have coding ability (Java, .Net, SQL) and understand database architecture. Proactive, responsible, person with a keen attention to detail, and flexibility to adjust approach during execution of activities, as well as multitask, whilst maintaining priorities.