Responding to Management requests, identifying staffing needs, and reviewing/endorsing applicable work deliverables. The SSHE Lead/Supervisor ensures that the tools, resources, and support are fit for purpose, providing stewardship, analysis, direction and supervisory support to drive the organization to achieve SSHE objectives and priorities. The SSHE Lead/Supervisor is responsible for managing reporting personnel to optimize performance and for their stewardship and career development.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets safety culture and oversees the safety of all direct reports.
- Establishes credibility with unit and functional Management via ongoing communication and support.
- Aligns SSHE support with unit and function needs, continuously monitors via engagement and interface, and adjusts as needed.
- Serves as member of Leadership Team to help ensure License to operate is maintained.
- Verifies and measures compliance with SSHE processes and procedures and identifies continuous improvement opportunities.
- Drives processes that are fit for purpose and effective for the unit and function needs.
- Ensures completeness and quality of SSHE deliverables and work products.
- Understands, guides, and influences technical SSHE decisions.
- Explains and promotes the team and company vision; sets clear and measurable objectives; engages, motivates and empowers team members .
- Demonstrates and rewards courage of conviction, creativity and adaptability in improving business results; shares learnings from success and failure.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork; creates a work environment where different perspectives are valued; effectively manages conflict
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS -
- Behavioral Skills: courage of conviction, makes sound decisions, manages risk, strategic.
- Functional Skills: emergency preparedness and response, incident investigation and analysis, operations integrity and compliance assessment.
- Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) execution support, risk assessment and management.
- Safety management, safety regulations and standards, fundamentals of health.
- Fundamentals of security, environmental business planning, environmental standards, regulation development and advocacy, regulatory compliance and permitting.
Bachelor"s degree or equivalent preferred - Minimum 8 years" demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience).
Working knowledge of security processes and procedures - Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office.
Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team.
- Prefer minimum 5 years" prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company"s specific safety standards and procedures)