We have been retained by a Belgian nano-coatings company to find them a skilled Field Service Engineer. The technology is a mix between plasma technology, process chemistry, material sciences and vacuum equipment design.
The company develops bespoke solutions for its clients, so every site will be a bit different. A lot of training will be provided for this. There is travel to worldwide locations, and this is well-rewarded.
Fluent English is essential and good Dutch is highly appreciated.
Due to visa restrictions, only EU nationals may be considered.
* Oudenaarde (Belgium), 50% travel worldwide.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Perform Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)in presence of clients and obtain a sign off
* Performing all pre shipping checks on the machines
* Help disassembling and packaginging of machines.
* Install, start and validate machines at clients facility.
* Perform Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) in presence of clients and obtain a sign off.
* Provide on site training to clients technical staff.
* Perform preventative and accidental maintenance at clients machines on site.
* Perform preventative and accidental maintenance via remote support tools.
* Perform and manage testing at Oudenaarde plant or at the clients' facilities (helping R&D and/or Engineering).
* Assist in the building/assembling of machines at peak times.
* Secondary eduction (Middelbare School TSO) in a technical field (Electromechanics, Electricity, Electronics, Installation Techniques etc) or a professional Bachelor in those fields.
* Several years experience in a similar field service job.
* Knowledge/experience of both electrical and mechanical aspects of industrial machines.
* Experience with vaccum technology.
* Experience in programming PLC (Allen-Bradley or Jetter).
* Reading an electrical plan, wiring electrical boards and fault finding.
* Mechanical assembly/construction based on 2D/3D Drawings.
* Good command of (technical) English.
* Basic communication skills in Dutch (Verbally proficient).
* Experience in at least one PLC or PC environment.
* Any other languages are a plus, Chinese and German particularly appreciated.
* Capable of working independently, but also in a team.
* Flexible attitude (job content, travel, priority changes).
* Good and professional communicator (internally and towards clients).
* Hands on mentality and willing to take initiative.
* Can cope with high demands towards quality and efficiency.
* Customer focus.
* Desire to grow and learn, professionally and culturally.
* Willing to travel frequently, up to 3 weeks at a time.
If interested in further information, or if there is anyone you can recommend, please apply and we can have an introductory phone call.