Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company, is seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst to work in a 9 months contract position (with a possibility to be extended for more 3 months) in Houston, TX.
- The Compliance Analyst will support the Compliance Business Support Manager in the execution of compliance activities, including monitoring of trading activity, preparing responses to regulatory inquiries and maintenance of the Company's compliance program. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with management to provide assurance that business activities are designed and activities performed according to the company's model.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business related discipline
- Proficient in the use of a variety of Microsoft applications, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Daily interaction with all levels of the organization and other representatives of the Company.
- Due to the nature of the Trading Department, a person must be comfortable in an open environment with limited privacy.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Company's compliance program, including policies and procedures
- Develop reports related to compliance matters
- Participate in the Surveillance & Monitoring project to provide the compliance group with the capability to proactively analyze patterns of trading and trading-related activities
- Perform second level monitoring activities to identify risks relating to Company processes identified with the respective risk owners, to provide reasonable assurance that risks are mitigated
- Participate in required investigations in support of Management as follow up to reported incidents and/or compliance breaches
- Support the Compliance Business Support Manager in preparation of responses to external requests for information, including but not limited to compliance audits, spot-checks, and self-certifications and coordinate with business lines and Corporate stakeholders in the definition, management and monitoring of action plans deriving from auditing and supervisory activities