Airswift is seeking a Research Operating Technician to work on a 9-months contract within their facilities in Calgary, AB. This role is a shift position and will require working on a rotating schedule of 12-hour shifts from Monday to Friday.
- Post-secondary education in Chemical, Instrumentation, or Mechanical Engineering Technology, Chemistry, 4th Class Power Engineering or equivalent experience
- Possess a strong mechanical/hands-on aptitude.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a close team environment and be able to work independently to solve process and technical issues.
- Applicant should possess the initiative to find opportunities that could lead to improvements in the process.
- Solid working knowledge of PC software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Experience with polyethylene operations or a related industry is an asset.
- Operating small-scale pilot plant reactor units at target conditions.
- Troubleshooting and instituting corrective actions when necessary, as per experimental operating instructions (EOIs).
- Monitoring instrumentation for normal behaviour, and reacting to anomalies in the process as they occur.
- Performing physical tests on products produced.
- Maintaining and repairing process equipment and instrumentation as required.
- Applying the Facility Change Management (FCM) process and contributing to the preparation of required documentation.
- Assisting with the design, construction and commissioning of subsystems to enhance unit performance.
- Reviewing and revising Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Procedures, Maintenance Procedures, and associated training documentation.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of team processes, project plans and the safety of operations.
- Active membership on the CAR (Centre for Applied Research) Emergency Response Team (ERT).