Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company, is looking for a Procurement Specialist to work in a 12 months contract position in Houston, TX.
- Participates in and may lead the development and execution of sourcing initiatives.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies in alignment with the applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
- The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- Working with the relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies
- Developing sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector/commodity strategies and specific business objectives
- Understanding business requirements for third party goods and services
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of relevant supply market places
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on PSCM process and risk management
- Managing supplier relationships, engagement and involvement - Leading the full sourcing process which includes the development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution
- Providing on-going contract cost management and risk assessment
- Championing and supporting the deployment of the appropriate purchase to pay solution
- Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved
- Coaching less experienced PSCM staff
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- 7-10 years of relevant experience