Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company, is seeking a Paralegal/Notary Public professional, to perform as a Legal Administrative Assistant in a 6-12 months contract position in Richmond, California.
Our client has extensive holdings of patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets in virtually every jurisdiction in the world. The Intellectual Property Law Group is staffed by attorneys, agents, legal analysts and legal assistants who are experts in their respective Intellectual Property disciplines. Our goal is to provide cost-effective legal services aligned with our client's business needs.
- Experience working with IP (Intellectual Property) attorneys.
- 5-7 years of experience filing and prosecuting US and foreign patent applications.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office (Adobe (PDF), PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, etc.)
- Bachelors degree
- Patent Paralegal Certificate
- Notary Public
- General knowledge of the oil and gas industry
- Experience working with IP Manager or other docketing software
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Provides primary legal and administrative support as needed, maintaining a high level of confidentiality surrounding sensitive information and data.
- Prepares and files documents using USPTO and ePCT electronic filing systems.
- Generates reports, presentations, and other communications as required, utilizing various software and applications, such as MS
- Organizes and coordinates meeting logistics for daily, weekly, monthly and annual events. Meeting logistics include catering, scheduling meeting rooms, arranging WebEx conference calls, connecting video conferences, facilitating meetings, and e-mailing meeting notices, agendas and other key information.
- Manages the overall calendar for the organization of key activities and events.
- Makes travel arrangements for both domestic and international travel. Assists with any travel-related visa/immigration document preparation. Effectively communicates with domestic and international locations to coordinate requirements for travel logistics and meetings.
- Prepares travel expense reports which include inputting, tracking and reconciling.