Airswift. Logistics Analyst. Edmonton, AB.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Logistics Analyst to join them on a 1-year contract with the possibility to extend to work in Edmonton, AB.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Implements logistics related tasks pertaining to the acquisition of materials and coordinates shipping and delivery between suppliers and internal customers
- Support internal customers/users by understanding their logistics requirements
- Initiate move orders and participate in development of overall logistics strategies for tactical moves
- Select appropriate transportation supplier from approved supplier list (ASL) and coordinate logistics moves with suppliers including monitoring supplier delivery
- Perform shipment inventory reviews to determine accuracy
- Guarantee materials are properly expedited by suppliers when needed
- Recognize delivery delays and implement mitigation tactics to accelerate delivery when possible
- Provide business support for all material related activity (Warehouse & Operations)
- Assemble, summarize and report logistics for the Benefits Tracking tool
- Provide logistics oversight to specific projects including site visits for major material moves / large equipment
- 4-year University Degree or equivalent transportation related experience
- Master's Degree, 2 year College Degree, 4 year University Degree, Hazardous goods training / certification are preferred.
- Knowledge of transportation laws and regulations including an understanding of routing guides and shipping matrixes. Knowledge of carrier rates, tariffs, federal, state, local/international laws & regulations related to material logistics
- Stakeholder Management, Logistics, Supply chain and inventory management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable freight management system
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.