Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to work in a 6 months contract position (with the possibility of extension) located in San Ramon, CA.
- Handles all administrative assistant responsibilities for assigned attorneys and legal analysts, including managing calendars in Outlook, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing preread, creating presentations, editing documents, revising contracts, updating matters in the matter management system, setting up new vendors, processing invoices, preparing correspondence, etc.
- Coordinates domestic and international travel logistics. Prepares detailed itineraries. Provides background information for meetings and trips. Tracks and gathers related expenses and compiles expense reports.
- Sets up and maintains files, processes invoices and performs general clerical duties.
- Maintains effective communications with peers, attorneys, managers, and leaders.
- Provides back-up/relief to other legal assistants.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 8-10 years secretarial and administrative experience within an Enterprise or corporate environment required.
- Strong secretarial and administrative experience within a law firm or in-house legal department strongly preferred.
- Strong Proficiency in MS office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel required.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to effectively communicate (written and oral) with all levels of the organization to effectively convey ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Able to multi-task, anticipate needs and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Strong experience maintaining calendars, organizing and maintaining office files, scheduling meetings, and making travel arrangements, creating expense reports
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are crucial.
- Able to problem solve and use good judgment in making sound decisions quickly.