Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company, is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to work in a 6 months contract position in San Ramon, CA.
- Provides primary legal and administrative support to Patent Attorneys, Patent Agent and Legal Analysts as needed, maintaining a high level of confidentiality surrounding sensitive information and data.
- Provides backup legal and administrative support to additional members of the Intellectual Property Law Group, as needed in times of heavy demands and/or absence of other team members..
- Analyzes and collects patent application information and documentation, as required.
- Maintains and manages patent docket to ensure deadlines are met.
- Generates reports, presentations and other communications as required, utilizing various software and applications, such as MS Office and IP Manager.
- Reviews work product to ensure it is of high quality and meets department standards.
- Organizes and coordinates meeting logistics for daily, weekly, monthly and annual events like catering, scheduling meeting rooms, arranging WebEx conference calls, connecting video conferences, facilitating meetings, and e-mailing meeting notices, agendas and other key informations.
- Makes travel arrangements for both domestic and international travel.
- Assists with any travel related visa/immigration document preparation.
- Effectively communicates with domestic and international locations to coordinate requirements for travel logistics and meetings.
- Prepares travel expense reports which include inputting, tracking and reconciling.
- Scan documents into the legal software system.
- Assists with other duties and special projects, as assigned by Managing Counsel, San Ramon and Richmond Legal Services Supervisor and other team members.
- 5-7 years experience filing and prosecuting US and Foreign patent applications.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office (Adobe (PDF), PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, TEAMS, OneNote, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree
- Patent Paralegal Certificate
- Notary Public
- Experience working with IP Manager or other docketing software
- General knowledge of the oil and gas industry