He / she is part of the Field Service group, works on location and in the workplace.
- He / she independently performs malfunction and maintenance work on machines.
- the work may consist of various machines such as:
piston compressors, centrifugal compressors, turbines and pumps.
- the first fitter works independently and is ultimately responsible for his own work and the quality thereof.
- he / she supervises 2 to 3 second technicians.
- he / she must carry out his work systematically and systematically.
- the first engineer communicates with the customer.
- he / she also communicates with colleagues and direct managers, for example about the planning, execution of the work, orders etc.
- reports to the Manager Field Service.
- locating a fault
- collection of required materials and tools
- reading and interpreting machine drawings
- consult machine manuals or manuals
- analyzing the malfunction using measuring equipment
- rectifying a malfunction by changing or repairing parts
- adjusting a machine after a malfunction or maintenance
- test run with the machine
- advising customers about the use of the machine
- advise on preventive maintenance
- making a measurement report
- electrical engineering
- solving simple and more complex malfunctions in the measuring and control part of machines
- welding work
- performing simple machining operations
- perform alignment with alignment computer
- carefully and accurately
- signaling and in particular solving thinking
- high quality awareness both technically and service
- stress resistant must be able to work well under time pressure
- under all circumstances he / she must meet the quality and safety requirements
- good communication skills are important both to colleagues and to the customer
- willingness to learn for maintaining and expanding craftsmanship.
- Follow developments and integrate and apply
- customer-friendly, he / she is the calling card of the company
- have good commercial awareness
- state of maintenance and safety of tools
- stock management of materials and tools in our own bus
- tracking and recording of hours and materials
- quality of the work of the second engineer
- Managing the order book during the project.
Supplement this with:
* orders placed with suppliers
* completed start work meeting / toolbox meeting / workplace inspection / LMRA ticket
* Time Reports signed by the customer
The order book must be submitted to the administration within 3 days after the end of the project.
- Entering the worked hours every week and returning it to the administration
- Creating revision reports
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
For each project, the 1st engineers ensure that work is carried out in such a way that the HSE risks are limited.
- He / she ensures that the measures and resources required for the HSE are laid down and discussed with the employees in time for the benefit of the work.
- He / she ensures that a rigid work meeting is held. See Form 4: Attendance list for starting work meeting
- He / she ensures that an LMRA has been performed.
- He / she gives task-oriented instructions and information to employees about SHE matters.
- He / she ensures that the toolbox meetings are held. See Form 4: Toolbox meeting attendance list.
- He / she coordinates HSE activities within the group.
- He / she takes the initiative to discuss and record the necessary SHE measures / resources with those involved at the work preparation stage.
- He / she sees to it that the HSE bottlenecks are identified by means of workplace inspection. See Form 5: Workplace inspection.
- He / she points out, among other things, to the employees before starting work:
- He / she gives instructions regarding work to which special HSE risks are attached and is present in certain cases and keeps records.
- He / she takes care of:
- He / she ensures medical care immediately after a serious accident is warned