Our client, a major Midstream Company within the Oil & Gas Industry is seeking a land advisor to work in a 12+ months contract position in Edmonton, AB.
- Provide Lands & Right-of-Way (ROW) support and advisory services to regional pipeline and facility operations personnel
- Act as the primary contact for Landowners on or near the company's pipeline easements and facilities building strong collaborative relationships and resolving landowner concerns and inquiries
- Responsible for landowner notification and agreements for all regional operations activity, approval, and special conditions for activities conducted on private or Crown/Public lands
- A lead coordinating role for all Lands & ROW matters about the pipeline right-of-way which includes leading the negotiations & settlement with landowners/public agencies
- Be accountable for documenting and supporting land-related issues, management, and disposal of Land/Land Rights, mitigating negative environmental impact, public relations with private and corporate landowners & tenants, negotiation of damage claims, and interface with Regulatory Agencies
- Represent the Company to outside stakeholders along the pipeline ROW within the operating region of coverage. This includes but not limited to landowners, municipalities, government agencies, conservation authorities, various associations, and the general public.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in land management/administration and/or equivalent years of post-secondary education and directly related industry experience
- 4 years of experience
- Proficient understanding of the legal issues related to land acquisitions and easements in operating area
- Must be familiar with, and can interpret legal plans, legal documentation, titles, deeds, and engineering drawings, as well as applicable legislation, regulations, and processes.
- Microsoft Office and GIS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and initiative in dealing with a variety of external and internal customers and stakeholders (regulators, lawyers, industry, government, landowners and internal departments)
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Knowledgeable in pipeline maintenance and operations and experience with landowner negotiations
- Professional Designation from the International Right of Way Association and/or equivalent designation and/or other real estate or land-related background