Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company, is seeking a Document Controller/Administrator to work in a 12 months contract position in Houston, TX.
- The primary function of the Document Controller/Specialist is the quality of Document Control products and services to project teams and compliance with project excellence.
- Implementation of existing document control specifications, for tracking contractor and vendor deliverables throughout the project lifecycle (recording revisions, revision purposes, distribution and transmittal histories).
- Reliability, irretrievability, and traceability of the project data.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence on time.
- Ensuring that each applicable metadata field is accurately updated and maintained in each Master Deliverables Register.
- Preparing and implementing squad checking documentation following procedure and distribution matrices.
- Preparing accurate status reporting based upon the metadata designations and submitting at the determined frequency (per project basis).
- Alignment with the Document Control standards and ensuring any deviations due to project-specific needs are controlled and traceable. Providing back-up document control support as needed on other projects. Assist with recording meeting minutes and progressing action Items.
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel 2007. Experience with, and comprehension of, deliverables management (revision control, deliverables registers, squad checking and libraries. Experience with, and comprehension of, transmittals and correspondence management.
- Experience in creating and implementing document management systems to support physical and electronic environments.
- Ability to converse and convey ideas, facts, and issues, accurately, coherently and professionally to a diverse project team.
- 10+ years of direct experience.