Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is seeking a Cost Engineer to work a 1-year contract with the possibility of extension within their facilities in Houston, TX.
This person will be responsible for cost controls, invoices, forecasting, and analyzing productivity factors and cost/schedule performance indices. Additional responsibilities are related to work extra authorizations and risk identification for the project. Also responsible for generating all monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports with intended audiences ranging from local project team members to senior level company executives and the Board of Directors.
- Provide support to the Project Manager, project team and project cost controls staff on how cost should be planned, tracked, measured, forecasted and reported during project execution and/or development. Monthly review of cost/cash flow forecasts with the Project Manager and extended project team to generate regular reporting requirements.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant guidance, governance and support to projects on approved cost controls standards to manage Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) components including External Engineering services, Procurement of Material/Equipment, Construction services, internal cost, Allowance for Funds Used During Construction, Contingency, Escalation, etc.
- Maintain cost and schedule planning, tracking and reporting tools. Provide timely support to the Project Controls Supervisor for monthly review meetings with Senior Management.
- Possess a solid understanding and application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology in order to identify, analyze and report cost risks in a timely fashion.
- Manage continuous and collaborative communication with Project Managers and project cost controls teams to address project cost related needs.
- Monitor project reporting and identify deviations from standard reports. Assist project cost controls teams with timely and accurate data gathering and delivery issues.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- Proficient in SAP, EcoSys, Excel, PowerPoint and Word with proven technical writing abilities.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in performing cost and schedule management and other project controls functions over engineering, procurement, construction components on large capital projects, preferably in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial and/or Power industries.