CONTROLS ENGINEER V
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Controls Engineer V to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 12-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position, you will be responsible for working with the engineering and multi-functional teams to deliver instrument discipline support for improving the initial scoping, planning, FEED, and detailed engineering of the projects assigned.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Support engineering QA/QC, including attending FAT actions at client locations
- Interface with site teams to plan construction and commissioning duties, providing commissioning support when needed
- Deliver instrument design knowledge for design and selection of equipment
- Review design documents and support the research of purchase documents for instrument equipment packages
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Downstream petroleum refining project experience, including knowledge of refinery processes, technologies, designs, and operation
- 10+ years' experience as an Instrument Engineer on capital projects
- Experience in coordinating corresponding planning, scheduling and cost tracking of project activities