Airswift are recruiting for an Asset Manager to work for a Renewable Energy client of ours based in Canberra.
Position: Asset Manager
Start Date: early November
- Reporting into the Operations director you'll be responsible for managing all Operation and Maintenance dimensions of the companies operating assets, maintaining the highest value of the assets, maximising their generated revenue and maintaining their operation capability over time.
- Managing the energy and certificates sales through/to the relevant entities (AEMO, CER, Off takers, etc.).
- Responsible for O&M preparation, early-generation monitoring, managing the energy and certificates sales during the Construction phase.
- Aid the development team for setting-up O&M solutions and discussing and negotiating O&M agreements before financial close of future projects.
- You will supervise a number of different asset locations from the company's offices within Canberra, however site visits will be required fairly regularly to different asset locations.
- You will play a key role in managing the Planning, Execution and Control stages of the Operation and Maintenance of the Asset.
- Maintain key relationships with stakeholders including regulatory & local authorities, landowners, grantors, contractors and consultants.
- Ensure Workplace Health & Safety and Environmental objectives are achieved
- Ensure operations and maintenance performance targets are achieved
- Ensure maintenance outcomes are achieved while fostering a planned maintenance culture
- Supervise staff, O&M contractors and external consultants involved in preparation and execution of the Operation and Maintenance activities.
- Manage the energy and certificates sales through/to AEMO, CER, Off takers, etc.
- Prepare the budget forecasts for the O&M and update them on a monthly basis based upon actuals provided by the finance department.
- Prepare O&M reporting for Internal and external stakeholders in accordance with relevant agreements
Skills and Experience required
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in the Engineering field
- Additional Business/Project management qualification a plus
- Proven skills and experience in the supervision and co-ordination of operation and maintenance activities associated with renewable energy generation or similar operation
- Working knowledge and understanding of renewable energy plants and equipment such as solar or wind plants and associated electrical equipment, auxiliary plant and high voltage infrastructure
- High level troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and the ability to be technically innovative
- Contract management experience
- Demonstrated up-to-date working knowledge of Workplace Health, Safety & Environment requirements
- Excellent communication and liaison skills with the proven ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Effective leadership and supervision skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).