Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company, is looking for an Administration Officer to work in a 12 months contract position (renewable/with the possibility of an extension) in the Água Grande District, São Tomé e Príncipe.
- This role provides administrative and financial support for the company, and will reports to the company's Country Manager.
- This role has the potential to evolve over time and may suit somebody with an interest in and willingness to learn about the oil and gas industry; community and social development; or communications.
- Administrative organisation, including dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence; arranging meetings and appointments; effectively managing calendars and diaries.
- Keeping financial records; ensuring accurate financial reporting; managing local procurement and payments; providing support for payroll, expenses and other regular financial processes; advising on office budget and financial planning.
- Managing local and international travel, transport and logistical arrangements for BP staff, consultants and visitors.
- Planning, organising and supporting wide-ranging external events to a high standard (such events may include community workshops, VIP receptions, training sessions, media briefings).
- Providing an efficient first point of contact for visitors and callers and dealing appropriately with inquiries in writing and verbally.
- Representing the company and its activities accurately and professionally.
- Providing other advice and support to the Country Manager and other BP staff as may be reasonably required.
- Fluent written and spoken Portuguese and a high standard of English for professional use
- Educated to degree level.
- Capable with IT and communications equipment and applications - e.g. familiar with organising video conferencing, conference calls etc.
- Proficient in all common Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Possessed of discretion and sound judgement
- Adaptable, practical, confident and calm under pressure
- Able to form working relationships and co-operate effectively with colleagues, agents, suppliers etc. based in the UK and other international locations
- Able to effectively plan and prioritise short- and long-term tasks