Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to work in their facilities located in San Ramon, California.
You will provide direct administrative support to the legal group in the Downstream, Chemicals & Midstream Law and back-up support in the Downstream, Chemicals & Midstream Law, as required. The position requires a high energy individual who is self-motivated, works independently as well as in teams, and has demonstrated the ability to multi-task and use independent judgment within the scope of his/her responsibility. The individual should be able to discreetly and routinely handle confidential information and establish a positive and professional working relationship with and communications among team members, clients and other staff members. No business travel is required.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Administrative support to attorneys and maintaining a high level of confidentiality surrounding any sensitive information/data and supporting other team members, as required.
- Drafts, formats, and revises legal documents including complex agreements and proofreads them to assure accuracy and coherency. Generates reports, presentations and other communications, as required.
- Uses Microsoft Word track changes and Workshare Professional to edit and revise documents.
- Handles and processes settlements, e-billings, invoices, and payments within the legal matter management software system, TeamConnect.
- Opens, updates and closes matters within legal matter *management software system, TeamConnect.
- Maintains complete, orderly files and records, as required, at work location.
- Works in SharePoint uploading materials, calendaring, reviewing and researching documents and generating reports.
- Organizes meeting logistics for daily, weekly, monthly and annual events. Meeting logistics include:catering, scheduling meeting rooms, arranging WebEx calls, setting up equipment for video conferencing, and emailing meeting notices, agendas and other key information.
- Manages group calendar for the organization for key activities and events.
- Makes travel arrangements for both domestic and international travel. Assists with any travel related visa/immigration document preparation.
- Prepares travel and other business-related expense reports which include inputting, tracking and reconciling.
- Manages purchasing card charges and reconciles monthly statements in CTREX.
- Assists with other duties and special projects, as assigned by Supervising/Managing Counsel and other team members.
- Effectively work with other internal support groups (IT, CBRES, etc.) to provide superior support to attorneys and other team members.
- Serves as a back up to other administrative support in Legal and the Business Unit.
- 8+ years' experience as administrative assistant, legal administrative assistant or in other positions with similar tasks and responsibilities
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office (Adobe (PDF), PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, TEAMS, OneNote, etc.)
- Ensure quality results when proofing documents so they are error-free and returned to the customers within the timeframe requested
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing needs and deadlines
- Takes initiative and is a team player
- Self-motivated, learns quickly, anticipates the needs of team members and has the ability to discreetly handle confidential information
- Strong collaboration and people skills with the ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Strong organization skills and attention to details are crucial
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous litigation experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in SAP, SharePoint, and data management
- General knowledge of legal concepts and processes
- Experience working in a legal department or law firm